- SKM e.V. Board elections are held to fill seven board positions; composition of the board is mentioned in a separate section. The elections to the board are conducted not specific to any position.
- All seven board members are one among equals
- There are no board internal hierarchy
- Term of next board will be 2024 – 2026
- The election process aims to be fair, transparent, and inclusive, fostering community participation and representation.
- Members interested in nominations should actively support the community’s objectives and be committed to fulfilling the responsibilities of their respective roles
- Nominations should include a brief bio and statement of intent from the candidate, highlighting their qualifications and vision for the community
- We will host a virtual session where candidates can introduce themselves, allowing community members to get to know them better before the election
- We plan to organise a question-and-answer session where community members can pose questions to candidates, promoting transparency and understanding
- We will strive for diversity and inclusivity in the board to ensure various community interests are represented, from the nominations
- Encouraged are positive and respectful campaigning, focusing on candidates’ qualifications and contributions rather than personal attacks & such will not be tolerated and leads to immediate expulsion from the election process and campaigning
- A secure and confidential voting process will be established, ensuring each eligible community member has the opportunity to cast their vote
- Election results will be announced promptly through community channels, and will share information about the newly elected board members
- Aim is to ensure that the election process aligns with the Satzung (Statute) of Sirigannadakoota Munich e.V.
# Specific Nomination Guidelines:
- Candidate shall be minimum of 18 years of age
- Candidate must be a member of SKM e.V. to contest for board elections and nominate his/her candidature, if not yet a member please apply for membership using the link
- Candidates must support and align with the purposes outlined in § 2 of the Satzung
- Must be residents in Germany, specifically in München or within 80 km of Hauptbahnhof München
- Candidates must have roots to Karnataka and must be proficient in the Kannada language
- Candidates should inform themselves of the SKM e.V. “Satzung” (Statutes) and its content
- Nominations should be submitted through the provided website link. (@Raj to provide )
- Lastdate for submission of nominations is January 31, 2024
- candidates will have time till 04.02.2024 to withdraw their nomination
- a face-to-face meeting with current board members will be organised to give detailed information of election process & day to day working of organisation, before election day
- The board consists of seven members with various roles: ( roles to be decided amongst the elected members and to be agreed by the elected team )
- Vice President
- Public Relations Officer
- Cultural & Sports Officer
- Education Officer
With no particular order or hierarchy, of which A-C are legally required roles, while D-G roles can be modified as appropriate. But any such change needs to be notarized.
Know about Election Process